Marinated salad is a busy cook’s best friend, especially when preparing for guests or family get-togethers. This salad is easy, Omega-3 filled and a great go-to recipe that is sure to be everyone’s favorite.
Marinated Italian Salad
Serves: 12 servings
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup Stengel Oils Flax Oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (2 1/4 oz.) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large serving bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, celery, onions and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing, flax oil and dressing mix; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, add tomatoes and olives; toss to coat.